The Access Network welcomes information enquiries and referral requests for children’s services and programs.

Our telephone lines are staffed Monday-Friday during our Providers' regular Business Hours.

Call us now at: 1-855-486-5037 to start accessing children's services and programs.



Provider Map (click to enlarge)


What Can You Do In A Crisis Or Emergency?

* Remember for emergencies, call 911.

If you call during regular hours and are in distress or crisis, you will be immediately connected with clinical staff. This worker will provide support and help to determine if further services are required.

If you or your family are in a crisis or emergency situation, here is what you can do:

  • If someone is at risk of hurting themselves, call 911 for immediate assistance or take the person to the hospital emergency department.
  • If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and need some help you can call the Canadian Mental Health Crisis Response Service. In the City of Thunder Bay, call 346 – 8282 for the 24 hour telephone line and 12 hour mobile response service. In the District please call: 1-888-269-3100 for the 24 hour telephone line.
  • If you are a client, you can call your worker at the agency, however, if your worker is not available, your call may be directed to another worker. Call Children’s Centre Thunder Bay at 343-5000, Dilico at 1-855-623-8511, or North of Superior Counselling Programs at 1-877-895-6677 and someone will help you.
  • If you are worried about a child or have concerns that a child is being abused or neglected, you can call: 
    - Children's Aid Society at 343-6100 or 1-800-465-3905
    - Dilico Anishinabek Family Care at 625-8511 or 1-855-623-8511.
  • In the City of Thunder Bay, if you need a counsellor, you can go to the Walk-In Counselling Clinic for single session counselling every Wednesday from 12pm-8 pm at either the Children's Centre or Thunder Bay Counselling Centre. Call 343-5000 or 684-1880 for more information.
  • In the District, if you need a counsellor contact your local agency during regular business hours. 

There are several other community services that are available to individuals and their families who are experiencing a crisis including:

For Fire or Ambulance Services call 911

For Ontario Provincial Police call 911 or 1-888-310-1122 (anywhere in Ontario)

Telehealth - 1-866-797-0000

Canadian Mental Health Association – Thunder Bay Crisis Line supports children and youth in crisis – (807)346-8282

If …

  • You feel you are not able to cope
  • You need someone to listen
  • You feel you are in crisis
  • You are thinking about suicide
  • You are concerned about someone

...and don't know what to do, call to talk to someone who can help. All calls are confidential.

Kids Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868 (24 hours)

There's no such thing as a problem that's too big, too small, too unimportant, too serious, too embarrassing... too anything! No matter what your problem or question, we're here to help - you choose the way! You can either phone a counsellor directly or ask a counsellor online.

Thunder Bay Sexual Assault/Sexual Abuse Counselling and Crisis Centre- (807) 344-4502 (24 hours)

The agency provides:

  • 24 hour Crisis Intervention (telephone/mobile response 365 days/year)
  • Counselling (brief, short term and long term
  • Client Advocacy: Information, accompaniment, and preparation through the criminal justice system, assistance with Criminal Injury Compensation claims, Victim Impact Statements